What is Amazon Message Center?
Any seller serious about delivering a high-quality product and excellent customer experience wants to connect with their customer base. Amazon’s buyer-seller messaging service facilitates a two-way conversation to bridge the gap between the online seller and their buyer.
This system is beneficial in handling any customer questions or product/order quality issues. It is an excellent way for sellers to contact buyers to thank them for their purchase and ask for their feedback in the form of a product review.
The first thing to know is that this messaging system only works if you (the seller) activate it in Seller Central.
Please note that Amazon will track and monitor your contact response metrics when you use this system. Take the time to familiarize yourself with how these metrics are measured so you can ensure you maintain excellent response times. You can also disable the messaging system if you know you cannot check messages on Amazon or are unable to respond to messages. However, note that this will only disable the service for future purchases, and you will still be able to receive notifications from buyers who have purchased from you in the past.
Know More: What is Online Arbitrage?
How Does Amazon Message Center Work?
Amazon message center is an excellent platform for sellers and buyers to communicate privately without sharing sensitive information. Each buyer will be assigned an anonymous email which remains the same for that buyer. Sellers can use this email to contact customers. Still, if the messages are unsolicited, buyers can opt-out of receiving them. In this case, Amazon will not deliver the seller’s messages.
This system is a fantastic resource, enabling you to constantly contact your customers and receive feedback, offer returns, and get valuable insights from them. You build trust with your customers when you check Amazon messages and reply to them on time. This is crucial for your business because customers will keep coming back to buy more if they trust you.
How to Open the Amazon Message Center?
Before messaging your customers, you’ll need to enable the service in your settings. Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Settings menu on Seller Central and click “Notification Preferences.”
- In the “Messaging” section, click “Edit.”
- Select the “Buyer Messages” check box, and enter the email address where you want to receive customer messages.
- Click “Save.”
How to Check Messages on Amazon?
To access the Buyer/Seller messaging service, go to the “Your Account” section on Amazon. On this page, you will see a list of options such as “Your Orders,” “Prime,” etc. Click the “Your Messages” button to check Amazon messages. All your messages will be visible in your inbox by default. You can view all the messages you have sent by clicking on “Sent Messages” on the left side.
You may notice a lot of automated messages from Amazon (such as order and shipping confirmations) in your inbox. You can filter out these messages by clicking the “Buyer/Seller Messages” button.
If your inbox is empty, it might be because you’ve disabled buyer-seller messages. Make sure you enable this feature to receive messages.
You can also check Amazon messages on the Amazon Shopping app. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Tap the three back lines (menu tab) in the bottom right corner.
- Find and click “Your Account” from the list.
- Scroll down to find the “Message Center.”
- Tap “Your Messages” to be redirected to your Amazon message center inbox. Select “Buyer/Seller Messages” to see all the messages.
Amazon Buyer-Seller Messaging Guidelines
Before you check messages on Amazon or contact buyers, you need to get familiar with the guidelines and rules that Amazon has imposed. Doing this will prevent you from violating any restrictions that may be hurtful to your business. Here’s a list of Amazon buyer-seller messaging guidelines:
- When answering queries and asking for feedback, always use a natural tone.
- Do not request positive feedback from the buyers.
- Do not request cancellation from the buyers when you are out of stock.
- Do not send images of your products, emojis, or gifs.
- Do not tell the buyers to delete or change their negative product reviews.
- You must not send the buyers promotional messages with coupons and discount codes.
- Do not send shipping confirmations and special emails.
- Your messages cannot contain any of the following information:
- Phone numbers
- Email Addresses
- Inappropriate content
- Unrelated photos
- Logo with links to a different website
- Tracking images
- External links and attachments that are not required for order completion
In addition to the guidelines above, you must know which type of messages are permitted. There are two types of permitted messages on Amazon:
- Necessary: These messages are required to complete an order, either because there is a problem with the order (for example, fulfillment can’t be provided by the promised date) or because you need additional information to complete a return.
- Proactive: These are seller-initiated messages to request/provide additional information related to an order. Other permitted proactive messages include sending invoices, scheduling delivery for heavy items, resolving an issue to complete the order, asking questions about a return, verifying a custom design, planning a home services appointment, or requesting a review or feedback (which can only happen once).
Does Amazon read buyer-seller messages?
Now that you know how to check messages on Amazon, you should keep in mind that Amazon’s systems monitor all buyer-seller messages. They have access to all correspondence between sellers and buyers. They can use them to resolve any disputes or claim that might arise.
How Good CRM Can Help Your Amazon Business?
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) is a potent tool that positively impacts the organizations that implement it. It is a computer system to support customer relationship management, sales and marketing. Using a good CRM will increase customer satisfaction and give them a memorable experience with your Amazon business. In turn, buyers will become loyal to your company and keep returning to buy more.
Having a good CRM strategy has many other benefits, such as:
- Sales opportunities are maximized
- Reducing sales cycles
- Increasing revenue
- Optimizing resources and time
- Making better decisions based on solid data
- Generating accurate sales forecasts
- Improving the relationship with customers
In this article, we discussed the Amazon message center and how you can check messages on Amazon. Now that you know how to find Amazon’s message center on the website and the app, you can start building lasting relationships with your customers. Always check buyers’ messages, be responsive, and handle complaints respectfully. By using buyer-seller messages to your advantage, you can boost sales and have loyal customers.