What Happens When Amazon Seller Account Suspended?
With your Amazon seller account blocked, you no longer have any selling privileges. This usually happens when a seller violates Amazon’s policies, terms, or conditions while carrying out their selling activities.
If your account gets suspended, the shoppers won’t be able to view your Amazon product listings. So, basically, you have no presence on Amazon. But no need to worry because this is all reversible, and you can do certain things to have the suspension lifted. Amazon always notifies sellers when their accounts get suspended, so you can plan your appeal according to the type of suspension you are facing.
Everything You Need to Know About Amazon IP Complaint
Why is My Amazon Seller Account Suspended?
There are different reasons for experiencing an Amazon seller account suspended. When you sign up as a seller, Amazon sends you a welcome message. In this message, they congratulate you on having approved the account.
The most common reasons for seller account suspension include:
- Multiple Amazon accounts with the same business name
- Listing inconsistent with Amazon’s terms
- Product reported as inauthentic item
- Product reported as counterfeit
- Ignore negative performance notifications
- Customer complaints about product safety
- Restricted images or content on the product detail page
- Used product sold as new
- Expired product
- restricted product
- High defective order rate
- high negative feedback
- Non-compliance with customer refunds
How to Reactivate Suspended Amazon Seller Account
The first recommendation to recover a suspended Amazon account is that you pay close attention to the information that Amazon sends you. The platform can notify you of any failure in advance, so try to solve it before the company’s deadline.
When you have already been suspended, the first thing is to understand the reason. Analyze the email, company policies, and all the information you have on hand, such as previous notifications, to find out the cause. If you already have it clear (the Amazon seller account suspension reason), it’s time to write the reconsideration document.
There is no format for this writing, but it is necessary that you describe the reasons why Amazon suspended your account. Acknowledge that you were wrong and talk about the actions you are going to take to improve the situation that caused the suspension (action plan).
If you provide immediate solutions to Amazon, your account will surely be active again soon, so plan your actions and describe them in this document.
How to Avoid Getting Suspended of Seller Accounts?
- Seek advice:
90% of Amazon seller account suspensions happen due to users’ ignorance. When you seek advice from qualified, trained, and experienced profiles, they will guide you and prevent you from making mistakes that lead to the suspension of your Amazon account.
- Sell quality products:
This is essential since selling poor-quality products will lead to a series of problems and claims that will get your account suspended by Amazon.
- Read all the information and emails that Amazon sends you:
Before suspending any account, Amazon notifies you so you can take action. Amazon’s first form of communication with sellers is via email, so you should check it frequently to see if it has sent you any warnings.
- Get positive reviews:
Another of the main reasons for Amazon seller account blocked is the percentage of orders that have suffered bad reviews, claims for violation of the guarantee, or by customers who have requested a refund of the purchase amount. Try to keep this percentage always below 1%; otherwise, Amazon could suspend your account.
Different Types of Seller Account Restriction
There are only 2 types of restriction: you are or are not suspended.
However, there are several states within it:
- Suspended: This means you can’t sell on Amazon. However, you can request reconsideration to change this status.
- Deactivated: In this status, you can’t continue your selling activities. Here too, whether it’s a policy violation or a mistake on Amazon’s part, you need to communicate with Amazon and ensure to file a reconsideration request within 90 days.
- Denied: This status appears when you have already submitted the reconsideration, but it has been rejected. However, it also has a solution.
- Banned: This status is irrevocable; you cannot sell on Amazon, and there is no possible solution.
Click here to know How to Get Ungated on Amazon?
One of the most worrying situations you may have experienced when using Amazon as a platform for buying and selling products is your Amazon seller account being suspended.