Everyone knows that holidays are full of opportunities for online sellers, especially those who sell on Amazon: Christmas, Black Friday, Prime Day, and Halloween! Halloween is a great time for increasing revenue if you know how to use the right strategies and boost seasonal sales. If you want to increase Halloween sales on Amazon, you’ve come to the right place!
In this article, we’ll discuss how to get ready for Halloween on Amazon and what strategies we can use during this popular holiday to boost our sales.
Amazon Halloween Overview
Halloween has always been a favorite holiday – candies, pumpkin pies, pumpkin spice lattes, costumes, and much more! At first, its celebration was limited to the US, the UK, and some European countries, but it has become popular all over the world in recent years. And it’s not just a children’s holiday; many adults celebrate it as well!
But how can this help Amazon sellers? With every holiday comes new opportunities to sell products that may not be that popular during regular days. Halloween has its own popular products, with candy being the most prominent. Check out the stats below to see how important Halloween can be for you as an Amazon seller:
- Amazon generated $13 million in Halloween candy sales in 2017 (Statista). Plus, according to SellerApp’s estimations, 71% of Halloween sales took place on Amazon.
- Sellers enjoyed a revenue of $41,000 from the top 50 Halloween costumes in October 2020 (SellerApp).
- Halloween spending hit over $8 billion in 2021 (The National Retail Association).
These statistics are from the past few years, and Halloween is only getting more and more popular, which means people may spend even more on Halloween products in the future. Plus, eCommerce is at its peak, and most people are ready to leave social distancing behind and celebrate holidays again by throwing parties and gathering with friends.
But these people need costumes, props, and candy to celebrate Halloween with their friends and family, and that’s where you come in!
Getting Ready for Halloween on Amazon
So, you’ve decided that Halloween is the perfect time to focus on increasing sales and revenue. But how can you increase Halloween sales on Amazon?
Choosing the right products is just the first step to staying competitive during this holiday. Here’s what you should do to get ready for Halloween on Amazon:
1) Start Getting Ready in August
While consumers can enjoy the luxury of shopping at the very last minute, sellers don’t have the same advantage. There is a lot of work you must do: write attractive copies, shoot images, manage inventory, and plan promotions. You need to start doing all of these in August to be ready in time for Halloween.
In addition, many shoppers start stocking up on candy by late July. If you’re ready by then, you can catch the early-bird Halloween traffic!
2) Research and Find the Right Products
As an Amazon seller, choosing the right product is the most important step in having a profitable business. You must find a product that is in demand and of high quality. Here’s how you can do it:
- Check out the Amazon Best Seller list using the “Halloween” keyword.
- Find the top 5 listings, and check out the “Customers Also Bought” section.
- Use the Amazon Trend Report to find out which Halloween products have been in demand in the past 12 months.
Don’t forget to stock up on your products to prevent going out of stock.
3) Choose the Right Niche
Another step to get ready for Halloween and increase Amazon Halloween sales is to choose the right niche. When doing this, consider the price and profits, market size, and your capacity to compete.
Read More: How to Make $1000 a Week from Home?😯
Best Strategies for Amazon Halloween Sales
So, you know that you must start getting ready early on, manage inventory to avoid going out of stock, and choose the right niche for your products. But what is the best strategy to increase Halloween sales on Amazon?
You can create the best strategy for Amazon Halloween sales by following the tips below:
1) Enhance and Optimize Your Product Listings
Product listings are like the windows to your shop: You must design them in an attractive way to obtain more customers. Here’s how you can do it:
- Write attractive descriptions and include the specifics of your products.
- Upload 5-8 clear and useful images that showcase the product effectively.
2) Optimize Your SEO Strategy
An optimized SEO strategy helps Amazon put your product listings in front of more customers. Keywords are the most crucial part of any SEO strategy, so you must choose them carefully. Other components of a successful SEO strategy are:
- Search phrases and keywords that customers use
- On-page and off-page SEO (for example, Halloween-themed content that leads readers to your business)
- Connecting your Amazon SEO to SERPs such as Google to cover more ground and bring in more customers
3) Run Ad Campaigns to Drive Traffic
Try to increase your advertising budget and create an effective bidding strategy for Amazon PPC ads. Use specific and long-tail keywords (containing three or more words) such as “Halloween costumes for men” to put your listings in front of more viewers. Remember to add negative keywords (such as “Halloween costumes” because it is too general) to narrow your target audience to those seeking your particular product.
What is the Best Form of Marketing for Halloween?
Amazon PPC ad campaigns, affiliate marketing, influencer marketing, and social media are some of the best ways to advertise your products for Halloween.
Affiliate marketing combined with influencer marketing is a great duo because if customers see their favorite influencers using your products, they’re more likely to buy them.
However, Amazon PPC and Sponsored Products ads – if done in the right way – are considered the best form of marketing to increase Halloween sales on Amazon. These ads are affordable and a great way to place your listings on the top of Amazon’s search results page.
What is the Most Purchased Item for Halloween on Amazon?
Halloween products such as costumes, props, and spooky decorations are essential to getting into the holiday spirit. By selling what consumers are looking for, you can increase your revenue and profits.
According to statistics, the most purchased items on Halloween are decorations and costumes. Here’s a list of popular Halloween products you can offer your customers:
- Costumes: By offering costumes you can help people dress up as their favorite characters!
- Candy: Trick or Treating is one of the most popular Halloween-related activities, so many people stock up on candy before the holiday.
- Decorations: You can offer popular decorations such as pumpkins, plastic skeletons, ghosts, and spider webs on Amazon to help customers set the mood.
- Halloween lights: Since Halloween is usually celebrated at night, products such as the jack-o-lantern and LED lights fashioned as eerie characters are quite popular during this holiday.
Read More: Top Amazon Product Categories for Sellers in 2024! 😍
How Much Revenue Does Halloween Generate on Amazon?
The most recent data on Halloween revenue on Amazon was published by SellerApp in 2020, and here’s what it says:
By looking at the top 50 listings, we can estimate the average revenue to be up to $41,000 in October. The plague doctor mask alone generated $1295-$1367 in revenue that year, and its monthly revenue was an average of $7,500.
All the top 50 costumes combined together generated a monthly estimated revenue of $12,84,621 – $21,41,046.
The top 50 Halloween candy listings had an average monthly revenue of up to $96,000 and the top 50 Halloween decoration listings generated a monthly revenue of up to $33,000 – averaging 60 orders per day!
Holidays are one of the most popular shopping times for consumers: Christmas, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Halloween included! For sellers, this means a huge opportunity to sell more products and increase their revenue, but this is not easy to do.
To increase Halloween sales on Amazon, you must start preparing in August, stock up on inventory, and create an effective marketing strategy to promote your products. By following the tips provided in this article, you can design a winning strategy and increase your revenue on Halloween!