If you want to become independent and increase your income by being your boss, selling on Amazon has many advantages. It allows small entrepreneurs to expand their businesses with a reasonable investment.
How can you wonder how you can become a successful Amazon seller? Do you want your products to have a low Amazon BSR? Follow this article to find the best tips and tricks for a successful Amazon business.
1) Create Amazon Seller Account
The first thing you must do is create an Amazon seller account. If you already have one, you can skip this step.
You can choose between the two plans available – Professional and Individual seller accounts. The Professional plan allows you to sell more than 40 products per month with a monthly fee of $39.99. If you’re serious about your Amazon business, this is the type of account you should be going for. The Individual account is more suited for people who want to sell as a hobby because it only allows you to sell 40 products per month, and you have to pay a $0.99 fee for every product you sell.
Contrary to some say, you don’t need many requirements to sell on Amazon. You have to create a seller account on Amazon Seller Central, and for this, you must have the following information ready:
- An up-to-date and active email address
- A personal phone number
- An active Credit Card
- Complete information on the bank account in which you will receive payments from Amazon
- The seller’s information and detailed information about your business (company registration number, type of business, place, and date of business establishment, etc.)
Once these aspects are defined, you need to register in Seller Central. You must provide a viable address because Amazon will send a postcard containing a verification code to that address. After verifying your account, you’re ready to sell on Amazon!
To navigate it, you should first learn how to use amazon seller central.
2) Start Product Researching
If you want to succeed in this marketplace and become a top-rated seller on Amazon, you must know the best techniques to choose products for selling. This way, you can offer your customers products adapted to their needs and the platform.
Here’s what you should do at this stage:
- Check out Amazon’s best-selling products – You must first search the list of best sellers on Amazon. By doing this, you will know what consumers prefer. You can look at different categories to find the products that best suit what you want to offer.
- Avoid extremes – When choosing products to sell on Amazon, you should avoid extremely popular or niche items. Remember that the competition is more significant if they are in high demand.
- Look for smaller, lighter, and more durable products – When selecting the products you want to sell on Amazon, you must avoid large and weighty items. These usually have high shipping costs that will affect your profit margins. (read how much it cost to ship to amazon fba)
- Work with easy and cheap products to manufacture – Avoid complications when choosing the products you want to sell on Amazon. Opt for the ones that are easier and cheaper to manufacture since your chances of obtaining a considerable profit will be higher.
- Study the classification of sellers and the sales history of the product. Another critical factor when choosing the products you want to sell is studying the sales history through CamelCamelCamel or Keepa. This is essential to know how a product performs during a specific period.
How OABeans Help You to Find Profitable Products?
If product sourcing for amazon sounds like too much of a hassle, there are other ways to find profitable products to become a top-rated seller on the platform. OABeans goes through the whole product research process using specialized tools and software to find the best deals for you. By purchasing OABeans’ online arbitrage sourcing lists, you will receive an email containing a list of profitable products daily. The best suppliers will be included in the list, so you don’t have to look for them.
3) Come Up With A Strategy
To become a successful seller on Amazon and score more buyers than your competition, you must develop a sales strategy. You can do this using the tips below:
- Research the market – Frequently check your competitors’ products; analyze their characteristics, deficiencies, and strong points and try to create the best sales proposal or product listing for your customers to better position your products and stand out from your competitors.
On the other hand, look for products that are out of stock or close to being out of stock; try to take advantage of empty spaces that other stores are not covering.
- Attract traffic through digital marketing techniques – Design content marketing, SEO, and email marketing strategy to increase conversions on your Amazon products. Touch topics on your blog related to your products, which allows you to attract traffic and redirect it through links to your Amazon product listing.
- Measure and monitor your results – Research, strategy, and monitoring and measurement. This is the third element that you must take into account. If you don’t measure the sales, traffic, clicks, and conversions in your Amazon store, whether through your blog or other channels, it will be difficult to know which techniques are working and are not giving you the expected results.
4) Find a Proper Supplier & Shipper
Having great suppliers and shippers is crucial to becoming a top-rated seller on Amazon. You need to look for a professional supplier that offers the items you need. You should also look for the qualities below:
- Ensure that the supplier has quality items since the final product’s quality determines whether or not buyers return to your online store.
- The time frame from placing the order until you have it at your disposal is very important, especially during high seasons.
- Avoid suppliers who use fine print or try to excite their products too much, misleading you.
- Depending on your needs, you should know if the supplier has a minimum amount to make the purchase.
- Study the quantity discounts they offer, as this can help you better manage your business’s economy and opt for an alternative that makes it easier for you to set affordable prices.
- If you are going to sell a product or item that is very specific, look for a specialized supplier since they will generally offer you more quality and a lower price.
- If your online store offers products from a wide variety of categories, remember that you are not obliged to have just one supplier.
Check out our article on how to ship products to Amazon if you want to know more about this subject.
5) Add Your Products to Amazon
To add your first product, go to the “Inventory” section and click “Add a Product”. Now Amazon will ask you to search for your product among those already sold. You can search by barcode or ASIN code, or product name.
Once you have searched for your product, you will surely see several options that other competitors already sell on Amazon. Select it, and it will take you to a page where you can finish filling in the missing data. The good thing about doing it this way is that the product will appear in the appropriate category and subcategories.
If no product like yours appears, you must create a new listing. To do this, you must search for the category and subcategories most relevant to your product and put it on sale there.
Then you can start filling in the product information fields such as title, brand, weight, color, etc.
6) Start Optimizing Your Product Listing
Amazon listing optimization is updating product pages to improve your search visibility, click-through rate (CTR), and conversion rate, ultimately generating more sales. This process includes keyword research, optimizing the image and text content of the listing, increasing the number of buyer reviews, etc.
This is one of the most important things you should do to become a top-rated seller on Amazon. Keep these three crucial elements in mind to improve your listing on Amazon:
- Search Terms – Keyword research and on-page activities
- Content – product information, texts, and images
- Reviews and Q&A
7) Look After Your Amazon Seller Business
After creating your account and launching your products, the real work begins. You have to maintain a healthy seller account, meaning your account must be kept up to date with Amazon’s standards. If you want to become top rated seller on Amazon, follow these tips:
- Work on your rating – Amazon values an excellent customer journey above everything else, so you must provide this for your buyers. You must keep a close eye on reviews because customer feedback is essential to having a healthy Amazon seller account.
- Increase your visibility – Focus on SEO and Amazon Advertising to put your product listings in front of more buyers. Using relevant keywords and writing attractive titles and high-quality texts are essential parts of Amazon SEO. You can also use various advertising methods, such as Sponsored Products, to increase your visibility.
- Analyze your business constantly – By doing this, you will immediately see when demand for a product drops, and you will find out which products produce more profit and which cost you money.
Selling on Amazon can be very profitable, especially if you follow the tips provided in this article. Suppose you want to become a top-rated seller on Amazon. In that case, you must do thorough product research (or purchase sourcing lists), create a winning sales strategy, find the right suppliers, add and optimize your product listings, and last but not least, look after your account by keeping an eye on reviews and customer feedback. This will put you on the right path to winning the Buy Box!